Alcamo, J., Henrichs, T and Rosch, T. 2000. World Water in 2025: Global Modeling and Scenario Analysis for the World Commision on Water for the 21th Century, Center for Environmental Systems Research, Report A0002. University of Kassel. Germany, P, 49.
2. Aldaya, M.M and Hoekstra, A.Y. 2010. The water needed for Italians to eat pasta and pizza. Agricultural Systems, 103: 351–360.
3. Aldaya, M.M and Lamas, M.R. 2009. Water footprint analysis (Hydrologic and Economic) of the guadiana river basin, Published by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 7 place de Fontenoy, 75352 Paris. Rance, UNESCO 2009, ISBN 978-92-3-104117-4., pp. 39.
4. Aldaya, M.M. Allan, J.A and Hoekstra, A.Y. 2010. Strategic importance of green water in international crop trade. Ecological Economics, 69: 887–894.
5. Aldaya, M.M., Santos, P.M and·Llamas, M.R. 2010. Incorporating the water footprint and virtual water into policy: Reflections from the manta occidental region. Spain. Water Resource Management, 24: 941–958.
6. Arabi Yazdi, A., Alizadeh, A and Nairizi, S. 2009. Study of food security based on the concept of virtual water trade and ecological water foot print (Case study: Khorasan Razavi Province). Journal Agroecology, 1: 1-12.
7. Bulsink, F., Hoekstra, A.Y and Booij, M.J. 2010. The water footprint of Indonesian provinces related to the consumption of crop products. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 14: 119–128.
8. Chapagain, A.K., Hoekstra, A.Y., Savenije, H.H.G and Gautam, R. 2006. The water footprint of cotton consumption: An assessment of the impact of worldwide consumption of cotton products on the water resources in the cotton producing countries. Ecological Economics, 60: 186-203.
9. Chapagain, A.K., Hoekstra, A.Y and Savenije, H.H.G. 2006. "Water saving through international trade of agricultural products" . Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 10: 455–468.
10. Ehsani, M., Khaledi, H and Barghi, Y. 2009. Introduction to virtual water, Iranian National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage (IRNCID), pp.112.
11. Hoekstra, A.Y and Chapagain, A.K. 2007. Water footprint of nations: water use by people as a function of their consumption pattern. Water Resource Management. 21(1): 35-48.
12. Hoekstra, A.Y and Chapagain, A.K. 2008. Globalization of water: Sharing the planet's freshwater resources, Blackwell Publishing, Oxford, UK.
13. Hoekstra, A.Y and Hung, P.Q. 2002. Virtual water trade: a quantification of virtual water flows between nations in relation to international crop trade. Value of Water Research Report Series No. 11, UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, Delft, The Netherlands, pp. 25-47.
14. Hoekstra, A.Y. 2008. Water neutral: reducing and off setting the impacts of water footprints. Value of water research report series, NO. 28, pp. 42.
15. Hoekstra, A.Y., Chapagain, A.K., Aldaya, M.M and Mekonnen, M.M. 2009. Water footprint manual, State of the art, Web www.waterfootprint.org
, pp. 131.
16. Leenesa, W.G., Hoekstraa, A.Y and Meerb, T.H. 2009. The water footprint of bioenergy, PANAS, 106 (25): 10219-10223.
17. Ma, J., Hoekstra, A.Y., Wang, H., Chapagain, A.K and Wang, D. 2006. Review Virtual versus real water transfers within China. Journal Philosophical Transactions Royal Society Bacteriology, 361: 835–842.
18. Smakthin, V., Revenga, C and Doll, P. 2004. Taking into Account Environmental Water Requirements in Global-scale Water Resources Assessments. Comprehensive Asessment of Water Management in Agriculture, Research Report 2, IWMI, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
19. Sohrabi, R. 2006. Developed a mathematical model to calculate the optimal amount of virtual water supply needs of the region in terms of economic, social and food security. Undergraduate thesis, Sharif University of technology, Tehran, Iran, (In Farsi).
20. Van oel, P.R., Mekonnen, M.M and Hoekstra, A.Y. 2008. The external water footprint of the Netherlands: Quantification and impact assessment. Value of Water Research Report Series, No. 33, UNESCO-IHE, Delft, the Netherlands, p. 72.
21.Yang, H and Zehnder, A.J.B. 2005. The south-north water transfer project in China: An analysis of water demand uncertainty and environmental objective in decision making. Water International, 30(3): 339–349.
22. Yang, H., Reichert, P., Abbaspour, K and Zehnder, A.J.B. 2003. A water resources threshold and its implications for food security. Environmental Science and Technology, 37: 3048-3054.